EXAMINATION

 

All the Examination (+2 & +3) are conducted as per the guideline of CHSE & Utkal University. Pass Marks and Classification of Successful Candidates.

1.1 Aggregate marks for passing the degree examination shall be the sum total of the aggregate of First, Second and Final Examinations taken together.

1.2 Class will be awarded on the following basic : Pass-A minimum of 30% in each subject and minimum of 36% of marks in the aggregate. Pass-A minimum of 30% in each subject and minimum of 36% of marks in the aggregate in subjects others than Honours and less than 45% but not less than 36% in Honours subjects. Second Class Honours-A minimum of 30% in each subject and a minimum of 36% in aggregate in subjects other than Honours and a minimum of 35% marks or more but less than 60% in Honours subject.

Second Class Honours in addition to second class Honours a minimum and Distinction of 50% marks secured in subject other than Honours in first appearance.

First Class Honours A minimum of 30% in each subject and a minimum of 36% in aggregate in subjects other than Honours and a minimum of 60% or more in Honours.

First Class Honours in additional to First Class Honours a minimum of and Distinction 50% marks secured in subject other than Honours in first appearance.

COLLEGE EXAMINATION

 

1. The University offers CBCS programme to its UG students spread over Six semesters. A candidate

admitted into UG Course is expected to complete the programme in 3 years, but in exceptional cases may be extended upto 5 years from the year of admission into the course. In each semester a student shall be required to appear at one mid-semester and one end semester examination. The mid semester examination shall be conducted for 20% of marks in each of the honours and elective subjects and for the remaining 80% of marks, semester examination shall be conducted as per the programme to be notified by the Controller of Examinations. Mid-semester examination is conducted by the course teachers in respective departments. In the ability enhancement and skill enhancement subjects there is only end semester evaluation.

2. The university also conducts Bank Improvement Examination for those students who fail or desire improvement either in theory or practical (only in Honours pepers).

3. The University also conducts M.A. Examinations under CBCS pattern (mentioned in Chapher-6). A student securing 60% and above of the maximum marks is placed in the First Division and 48% and above but less than 60% of the maximum marks is placed in the Second Division. A student can repeat any peper if she has not secured 45% of marks in that paper.